ST-EUSTACHE, QC – Stock car driver Patrick Laperle scored a popular – and lucrative – American-Canadian Tour (ACT) victory in front of a packed grandstand full of his home-track fans at Autodrome St-Eustache on Saturday night. In winning the ACTion Super Series 200 – a combination race for the ACT Late Model Tour and the Serie ACT Castrol at the suburban Montreal 4/10-mile oval – Laperle earned $6,000 (US). It was his first ACT win in his home country, and the tenth of his career.
“It feels so good to win at home,” said the St-Denis, QC driver during victory lane ceremonies. “We had a bad start to the year (Laperle was sidelined early by illness), but this is a nice way to complete the comeback.” ACTion Super Series 200 polesitter Sylvain Lacombe of nearby Terrebonne, QC surrendered the lead to Laperle by making a pit stop during a caution period on lap 70. Laperle had charged from the 12th starting position and was challenging Lacombe’s command
before the yellow flag flew.
From the restart, Laperle set a torrid pace for the next 62 laps. After pitting for fresh tires under caution on lap 132, he made a second charge through the pack, taking the lead away from Williston, VT’s Brian Hoar on lap 155. He then cruised to victory relatively uncontested. “Rocket” Roger Brown, winner of the TD Banknorth 250 at Maine’s Oxford Plains Speedway last Sunday, finished second. The
Lancaster, NH racer ran a steady – although somewhat quiet – race from 23rd starting position.
Lacombe, who again drove into the lead after passing Jacques Laperle – Patrick Laperle’s cousin – on lap 139, looked to have the win within reach before contact with Hoar on lap 154 sent him to the pit area for repairs. Lacombe quickly made his way back into
the podium position, passing Hoar with less than 10 laps remaining.
Unofficially, Hoar finished fourth ahead of Jacques Laperle of St-Denis, QC. Robbie Thompson of South Hampton, ON, finished sixth in front of Marc-Andre Cliche of Vallee-Jct., QC and St-Felicien, QC driver Karl Allard. Six-time ACT Late Model Tour Champion Jean-Paul Cyr of Milton, VT and Randy Potter of Groveton, NH completed the Top 10 finishers.
The next event for the ACT Late Model Tour is the Phil’s Propane 100 at Seekonk Speedway on the Massachusetts seacoast, Saturday, August 4. The Serie ACT Castrol and the ACT Late Model Tour will both be in action on Saturday, August 11 – the Serie ACT Castrol at Circuit Ste-Croix near Quebec City, the ACT Late Model Tour at New Hampshire’s White Mountain Motorsports Park. For more
information, call (802) 244-6963 or visit the official American-Canadian Tour website at www.acttour.com.
UNOFFICIAL FINISH – ACTion Super Series 200
ACT Late Model Tour/Serie ACT Castrol combination event
Autodrome St-Eustache, St-Eustache, QC
Saturday, July 28, 2007
1. (12) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC
2. (23) Roger Brown, II, Lancaster, NH
3. (1) Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC
4. (20) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT
5. (21) Jacques Laperle, St-Denis, QC
6. (28) Robbie Thompson, South Hampton, ON
7. (15) Marc-Andre Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC
8. (18) 48QC Karl Allard, St-Felicien, QC
9. (4)Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT
10. (5) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH
11. (11) Normand Lavigueur, Laval, QC
12. (8) Jacob McGrath, Killington, VT
13. (29) Jamie Aube, Bow, NH
14. (3) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT
15. (25) Scott Dragon, Milton, VT
16. (16) Claude Leclerc, Montreal, QC
17. (19) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC
18. (27) Jean-Francois Dery, Val-Belair, QC
19. (2) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC
20. (6) Alexandre Gingras, Quebec, QC
21. (24) Andre Coursol, St-Jerome, QC
22. (22) Scott Payea, Milton, VT
23. (9) Ryan Vanasse, Warwick, RI
24. (7) Eric Chase, Milton, VT
25. (26) Jacques Poulin, East-Broughton, QC
26. (30) Dany Ouellet, La Pocatiere, QC
27. (14) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT
28. (13) Yvon Bedard, St-Nicolas, QC
29. (10) Marc Curtis, Jr., Worcester, MA
30. (17) Daniel Bergeron, Mirabel, QC
ACT Late Model Tour – Sat., August 4 – Seekonk Speedway, Seekonk, MA
Serie ACT Castrol – Sat., August 11 – Circuit Ste-Croix, Ste-Croix, QC
ACT Late Model Tour – Sat., August 11 – White Mountain Motorsports Park, N. Woodstock, NH