peedway 95 News Release


By Bill DaButler

(Hermon, Me) With fireworks visible over turn two from Hampden’s Children’s Days, Speedway 95 once again sprang into action with racing in all 5 division, and the series finale for the Sport-Four division.

There were only two caution flags, and one red flag in the Sport-Four series finale, but there were plenty of close calls, including a spin by Jason Dorr of Greenbush in the front stretch, that nearly collected the race leader. Steve Heath of Brownville captured the pole, but lost the top spot at lap two to Hermon’s Mike Hopkins. Hopkins went on to grab his fourth consecutive win in the division. Heath took the second spot, and Rick Grant of Legrange finished third. David Green of Hampden finished fourth and earned the points championship for the series. Heath tied for second in the standings with Spencer Garvin of Belfast.

Duane Seekins of Stockton Springs started on pole for the Sportsman ProStock division, and held the top spot to take the win. Outside pole sitter Dale Swoboda got loose in lap 17, allowing Ryan Deane of Winterport to slide into a second place finish, and Swoboda to take third. 7 point’s separate leader Paul White of Corinna and defending champion John Phippen, Jr. of Town Hill in the standings.

There was only one caution in the Limited Sportsman division, and it came at lap 15, when Brenton Parritt of Steuben, and Nick Jenkins of Milo collided in the front stretch, sending both drivers back to the pits for repairs. Jenkins was out for the night, and Parritt was able to make it back out for the restart. Deane Smart of Bradley was able to take advantage of the caution, to secured himself in the top spot and earn the win. Glen Curtis, Sr. of Hudson took second, with Rowland Robinson, Sr. of Stueben in third. Point’s leader Parritt recovered to take fifth.

“Smokin’” Joe Legere of Milford put a significant lead between himself and the rest of the field as Steve Moulton of Glenburn, and Rookie Kevin Colson of Frankfort battled for second. At lap 18, Colson left the racing surface in the backstretch and lost a tire drawing out the caution. At the checkered flag, Legere held the top spot, Moulton crossed second, and John Kalel, II of Orrington took third. With Kalel second place finish in the heat race, the defending champion re-took the points lead over Moulton, by 4 points.

Once again, Rowland “J.R. Rockin’” Robinson had his car dialed in for the Strictly Street race, leading the caution free race at the checkered flag, by half a lap over the second place car of Brad Norris from Ellsworth. Former Champion Jordan Pearson returned the track to finish the night third.

Unofficial Results:

Dysart’s ProStocks

Finish Car # Name Town

1. 19 Duane Seekins Stockton Springs

2. 54 Ryan Deane Winterport

3. 0 Dale Swoboda Hermon

4. 59 John Phippen Town Hill

5. 02 Greg Morse St.Albans
Limited Sportsman

Finish Car # Name Town

1. 24 Deane Smart Bradley

2. 10 Glen Curtis, Sr. Hudson

3. 28 Rowland Robinson, Sr. Steuben

4. 29 Ricky Morse St. Albans

5. 27 Brenton Parritt Steuben

Super Street

Finish Car # Name Town

1. 8 Joe Legere Milford

2. 80 Steve Moulton Glenburn

3. 5 John Kalel, II Orrington

4. 3 Mike Overlock Franklin

5. 45 Greg Pung Franklin

Strictly Street

Finish Car # Name Town

1. 28 Rowland Robinson, Jr. Steuben

2. 8 Brad Norris Ellsworth

3. 16 Jordon Pearson Glenburn

4. 9 Jim Carr, Jr. Clifton

5. 66 Shawn Hamel Bangor

Sport-Four (Sport-Four Series #3)

Finish Car # Name Town

1. 50 Mike Hopkins Hermon

2. 0 Steve Heath Brownville

3. 41 Rick Grant Legrange

4. 16 David Green Hampden

5. 46 David Shorey Old Town

Speedway 95 returns to action Wednesday, August 22nd for Varney GMC Wacky Wednesday, weekend racing resumes with a double-header Saturday August 25th 7:00pm, & Sunday August 26th at 2pm, with a visit from the Pro-All Star Series.