North Woodstock, NH – Graniteville, VT’s John Donahue took his fourth career ACT Late Model Tour win at White Mountain Motorsports Park in North Woodstock, NH on Saturday, June 18. Donahue, in his Ford, came from the sixth starting position for his second career win at the ¼ mile speedway.
Donahue held off ACT Tour Champion Brian Hoar and White Mountain Motorsports Park Champion Quinny Welch on several restarts, before outrunning a hard charging Randy Potter who came from 21st. Welch led the early stages of the event before Donahue took over just before the halfway mark. The battle of the night belonged to Potter, Hoar and Wayne Helliwell for second. Potter would win the battle and was running down Donahue when the checkers flew.
Potter would take second followed by Helliwell, Hoar and Jamie Fisher in the top five. Second year driver Austin Theriault earned sixth with Glen Luce, Eric Chase, Ben Ashline and Dennis Spencer completing the top ten. Title contenders Brent Dragon and Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. were both involved in accidents and had to settle for finishes well outside the top ten.
Donahue had already earned an invitation to the ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH on Saturday, September 24. The invite list includes Brian Hoar, Nick Sweet, Patrick Laperle, Donahue, Jeff White, Daniel Descoste and Patrick Hamel.
The ACT Late Model Tour will be back in action next Saturday, June 25 with their second trip to Oxford Plains Speedway in Oxford, ME for a 150 lap event. It will be the last tune-up for many of the ACT teams who will return for the Oxford 250 on Sunday, July 24.
ACT Late Model Tour Unofficial Results
White Mountain 150 – White Mountain Motorsports Park
North Woodstock, NH – Saturday, June 18, 2011
1. (6) John Donahue, Graniteville, VT, 150 Laps
2. (21) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, 150 Laps
3. (8) Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Dover, NH, 150 Laps
4. (3) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 150 Laps
5. (9) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT, 150 Laps
6. (20) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, 150 Laps
7. (14) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, 150 Laps
8. (26) Eric Chase, Milton, VT, 150 Laps
9. (22) Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 150 Laps
10. (31) Dennis Spencer, Oxford, ME, 150 Laps
11. (15) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 150 Laps
12. (24) Brad Babb, Windham, ME, 150 Laps
13. (2) Ricky Rolfe, Albany Twsp., ME, 150 Laps
14. (5) Stacy Cahoon, St. Johnsbury, VT, 150 Laps
15. (1) Tom Carey, Jr., New Salem, MA, 150 Laps
16. (16) Mark Lamberton, Mooers Forks, NY, 149 Laps
17. (10) Travis Fadden, 149 Laps
18. (25) Jeffrey Labrecque, Rochester, NH, 148 Laps
19. (12) Jesse Switser, Lyndonville, VT, 148 Laps
20. (19) Craig Bushey, Fairfax, VT, 148 Laps
21. (27) Scott Luce, Strong, ME, 148 Laps
22. (30) Oren Remick, Warner, NH, 147 Laps
23. (23) Ben Lynch, Derry, NH, 147 Laps
24. (11) Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Hudson, NH, 122 Laps
25. (4) Quinny Welch, Lancaster, NH, 105 Laps
26. (17) Rick Thompson, Jr., Derby, VT, 101 Laps
27. (29) Joey Laquerre, E. Montelier, VT, 87 Laps
28. (7) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 67 Laps
29. (18) Eric Williams, Hyde Park, Jr., 66 Laps
30. (28) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, 65 Laps
31. (13) Chip Grenier, Graniteville, VT, 26 Laps