Taylor Wins Beech Ridge Battle for First ACT Victory
Scarborough, ME – Farmington, ME’s Jeff Taylor claimed his first career ACT win after a race long battle with Wayne Helliwell, Jr. in the Beech Ridge 150 at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, ME on Saturday, July 30. Taylor and Helliwell, both in Ford powered rides, swapped the lead seven times from lap 44 to the checkers. The two battled not only themselves but also heavy lapped traffic during long green flag runs.
With just three cautions during the event, Helliwell seemed to have the advantage on the restarts, but Taylor had the car to beat on the long runs. After the final restart on lap 134 Taylor finally got the edge and led the final 11 laps to take the win.
Helliwell took second followed by Randy Potter picking up his third consecutive top three ACT finish. Jeffery Labrecque earned a season high fourth followed by Austin Theriault in fifth. Brian Hoar took sixth, Nick Sweet, filling in for Eric Chase, took seventh. Rookie Dave Farrington, Jr., Brad Babb and Glen Luce completed the top ten.
The 150 lap event saw just three cautions and was completed in one hour and two minutes. Just eleven cars stayed on the lead lap.
Taylor joins Brian Hoar, Nick Sweet, Patrick Laperle, John Donahue, Daniel Descoste, Jeff White, Patrick Hamel, Alex Labbé, Donald Theetge and Kyle Busch as those that have received and invitation to the third annual ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH on Saturday, September 24.
The ACT Late Model Tour has next weekend off to prepare for the All-Star Late Model Challenge the following weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway with qualifying on Friday, August 12 and a two-segment feature on Saturday, August 13. The event is a point counting race for both the ACT Late Model Tour and its sister tour, the Série ACT Castrol.
American Canadian Tour Unofficial Results
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway – Scarborough, ME
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (3) Jeff Taylor, Farmington, ME, 150 Laps
2. (8) Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Dover, NH, 150 Laps
3. (7) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, 150 Laps
4. (1) Jeffrey Labrecque, Jr., Rochester, NH, 150 Laps
5. (5) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, 150 Laps
6. (2) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 150 Laps
7. (22) Nick Sweet, Barre, VT, 150 Laps
8. (9) #Dave Farrington, Jr., Jay, ME, 150 Laps
9. (12) Brad Babb, Windham, ME, 150 Laps
10. (4) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, 150 Laps
11. (6) Tim Brackett, Buckfield, ME, 150 Laps
12. (26) JR Baril, Haverhill, MA, 149 Laps
13. (20) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 149 Laps
14. (11) Corey Morgan, Lewiston, ME, 149 Laps
15. (13) Mark Lamberton, Mooers Forks, NY, 149 Laps
16. (24) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 149 Laps
17. (21) #Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 149 Laps
18. (32) Chris Smith, Buxton, ME, 149 Laps
19. (16) John Donahue, Graniteville, VT, 149 Laps
20. (25) Mark Anzalone, Jr., Malden, MA, 148 Laps
21. (33) TJ Brackett, Buckfield, ME, 148 Laps
22. (18) #Shane Green, S. Paris, ME, 147 Laps
23. (10) Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Hudson, NH, 146 Laps
24. (17) Ricky Rolfe, Albany Twp., ME, 146 Laps
25. (28) Todd Davis, Claremont, NH, 146 Laps
26. (15) #Pete Yetman, Peru, MA, 145 Laps
27. (27) #Rowland Robinson, Jr., Birch Harbor, ME, 139 Laps
28. (19) Joey Laquerre, E. Montpelier, VT, 129 Laps
29. (29) Shawn Knight, South Paris, ME, 113 Laps
30. (34) James Linardy, Somerville, MA, 106 Laps
31. (23) Dennis Spencer, Jr., Oxford, ME, 105 Laps
32. (14) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 93 Laps
33. (30) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, 56 Laps
34. (31) Greg Peters, Westbrook, ME, 54 Laps
Time of Race: 1:02:36
Margin of Victory: 2.107 seconds
Cautions: 3 (laps 57, 109, 134)
Leaders: Brian Hoar, 1-43; Wayne Helliwell, Jr., 44-93; Jeff Taylor, 94-109; Helliwell, 110-122; Taylor, 123; Helliwell, 124-133; Taylor, 134; Helliwell, 135-138; Taylor, 139-150