Speedway 95Sam Betts of Brewer picked up his first win of the season in the Little Enduros at Speedway 95 Wednesday night as he led the field from the green to the checkers. Only one caution flag slowed the field when Henry Boudreau Jr. of Winterport slid high out of turn four and made contact with the front stretch wall. Travis Beale of Hampden ran close to Betts for the final three laps but was unable to pass for the lead Beale finished second with Dixmont’s Rick Gomm in third.

Amy Houde of Howland led the entire distance in the Ladies series event, finishing ahead of Hermon’s Rhonda Wilbur and Milo’s Erin Evans. The event went the entire distance without a caution, allowing Houde to stretch her lead to about three car lengths at the finish.

Jim Carr Jr. of Clifton continued his winning streak in the pick up trucks after taking the lead from Jeff Overlock Jr. of Hermon on lap 9. Overlock continued to challenge Carr for the top spot, but could get no further than half way up the side of Carr’s truck. Overlock finished second with Doug Sinclair of Hermon in third.

In his first appearance of the season, Shawn McNevin of Hudson won the feature in the Big Enduros as he stretched his lead to over half a lap over second place finisher Shawn Racila of Dover-Foxcroft. Early leader Roger Smith of Clifton finished third.

Trey Brown of Winterport took his third feature of the season in the Stars of Tomorrow after a spirited battle with William McCullough of Kenduskeag that wasn’t decided until the fourth turn of the last lap. McCullough finished second with Dylan Street of Old Town finishing third. The race was stopped twice for caution flags due to an ongoing feud between Kyle Moore of Frankfort and Dustin Durrell of Newburgh, who couldn’t seem to stay away from each other and made contact three times that resulted in one or the other spinning out, and once for a red flag when Zach Horlieca of Hudson and Marcus Dunn of Newburgh locked together and ran head on into the turn one barrier, with Horlieca rolling over completely and back on his wheels. Neither driver was injured, and Horlieca managed to return to the race before the checkers fell.